Our Major Achievements
CEO of Green Mountain Power Mary Powell speaking at our 2016 Energy Policy Summit
- 2016 - RENEW Wins IREC 3iaward "Regulatory Champion of the Year" for our work defeating We Energies' tax on clean energy!
- 2016 - Holds 5th annual energy policy summit, titled "Shaping the Utility of the Future," featuring Mary Powell of Green Mountain Power and James Tong of Spruce Finance.
- 2015 - (October) Circuit Court Judge Peter Anderson invalidates We Energies' customer generation tax ("clean energy tax"), ruling in favor of RENEW Wisconsin and The Alliance for Solar Choice!
- 2015 - (October) RENEW's Executive Director, Tyler Huebner, is selected as one of Midwest Energy News' "40 under 40" clean energy leaders in the
Midwest for his outstanding contribution to renewable
energy in Wisconsin!
2015 Ride with RENEW Group at Gaea's Farm
- 2015 - (September) RENEW holds 3rd annual bike ride fundraiser in Lake Geneva area, co-hosted by Convergence Energy. The ride attracts 36 riders and raises more than $30,000!
- 2015 - (January) Holds 4th annual energy policy summit, titled "Unlocking the Clean Energy Transition," featuring Brad Klein of the Environmental Law & Policy Center, Joe McDonald of Vernon Electric Cooperative, and Jacqui Patterson of the NAACP.
- 2014 - (September) Held 2nd Ride with RENEW in Milwaukee, visiting 7 different renewable energy installations & raising over $20,000!
- 2014 (Fall) - Educated the public and intervened in rate cases where utilities proposed to raise "fixed charges" on all customers, reducing the viability of energy saving and renewable energy improvements. Opposed We Energies' proposal for a fee on customers who generate their own power, which was later rejected by the Circuit Court.
Sisters of St. Francis Dedication Ceremony. Their solar installation was made possible by Focus on Energy funds available because of RENEW's advocacy.
- 2014 (Summer) - RENEW's work to establish a strong Focus on Energy renewables program for 2015-2018 pays off, as the PSC approved $8.5 million in renewable energy rebates for 2015-16, a new $10 million revolving loan fund, and $6.3 million for a small digester program.
- 2014 - (January) Held third "RENEW Energy Policy Summit" featuring Dr. Dan Arvizu, Director of the National Renewable Energy Lab; Karl Rabago; and Michael Noble of Fresh Energy.
- 2013 - (September) Held inaugural "Ride with RENEW" bike tour in the greater Madison area, visiting 12 renewable energy installations over two days.
Former Governor of Colorado Bill Ritter, Jr. speaking at our 2013 Energy Policy Summit.
- 2013 - (January) Held second "RENEW Energy Policy Summit" featuring Bill Ritter, Jr., former Governor of Colorado and Jeffrey Thompson, CEO of Gundersen Health Systems
- 2012 - Began organizing our Clean Energy Choice initiative to expand Wisconsin's renewable energy marketplace.
- 2012 - Held first "RENEW Energy Policy Summit" featuring Leslie Glustrom and Mick Sagrillo
- 2012: Successfully defended Wisconsin's Wind Siting Rules, PSC 128, from legislative attacks
- 2011: Project lead for the Midwest Wind Siting Initiative
- 2009 - present: Creating an on-line Wisconsin Wind Information
- 2007 - 2009: Spearheaded passage of Wind Siting Law (2009 Act
- 2007 - present: Facilitating Wisconsin Wind Working Group
- 2005: Championed WI’s first renewable energy buyback rates
- 2004 - 2006: Designed Wisconsin’s current Renewable Energy Standard
(10% by 2015) and State of Wisconsin 20% renewable energy purchase commitment (20% by 2011) (2005 Act 141)
- 2002 - 2012 Founding member of We Energies Renewable Energy Collaborative
- 2002: Secured settlement agreement committing We Energies to
dedicate $60 million in spending on renewable energy over 10-year period
- 2001 - 2009: Founding member of Focus on Energy’s Renewable Energy Implementation Team
- 2000 - 2004: Catalyst for updating Interconnection Standards
for distributed generation (PSC 119)
- 1998 - 1999: Designed Focus on Energy’s renewable energy
- 1991: Put renewable energy on the map through intervention in
PSC’s Advance Plan 6 planning process