RENEW Wisconsin and the Sierra Club invite everyone in southeast Wisconsin with an interest in renewable energy to an informational meeting and social gathering on November 13. Don Wichert will give an update on RENEW Wisconsin’s current work and tentative plans for 2013 to turn our passion for renewable energy into action, into new public and private programs to support renewable energy. He’ll be going over RENEW’s initiatives on:
- Third-party ownership (Clean Energy Choice)
- WPSC and We Energies net metering policies and RENEW’s rate case intervention
- Focus on Energy funding and planning for next year
- A new non-utility green energy program (http://www.repowernow.org/)
- Streamlining interconnection requirements
- RENEW’s 2011 utility scorecard
- RENEW’s plan to get We Energies to honor their $6 million per year renewable energy commitment
- Recent wind projects and wind siting rule defense
- Plans to increase the Renewable Electricity Standard in the future.
He’ll try to give updates on all of these in one hour (speaking very fast), then we’d like to hear other ideas on positive actions to achieve success in 2013.
So please join RENEW and the Sierra Club on November 13, at 5:30 p.m. at Helios Solar Works, 1207 W. Canal St., Milwaukee, to get caught up and to discuss your own views with others. There will be local brews, cider, and snacks.
RENEW Informational Meeting & Social Gathering
November 13, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
Helios Solar Works
1207 W. Canal St.