From a story on WEAU-TV (Eau Claire):
MADISON – The State of Wisconsin announced today that due to the success of the State Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program funds are expected to run out this month. Since the program began on Jan. 1, 2010, more than 22,000 rebate applications have been processed and approximately half of the funds, allocated under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, have been spent.
“Based on recent demand, we believe funds will be available through April, though it’s hard to say for sure,” said Judy Ziewacz, director of the Wisconsin Office of Energy Independence. “It is important that consumers act quickly to be able to take advantage of the rebate program before funds run out.”
The program, which offers Cash-Back Rewards on high-efficiency appliances and equipment, is meant to encourage the replacement and proper recycling of old units with new high-efficiency units. These Cash-Back Rewards are only available while funds last and are granted on a first-come, first-served basis for completed applications. Applications will be denied once funds run out, but the following application deadlines are being offered for now:
Application deadlines for appliances (refrigerators, freezers, clothes washers, dishwashers)
· Appliances must be purchased on or before April 30, 2010.
· Application forms must be received by May 31, 2010; applications without serial numbers will not qualify for the rebate.
· Appliances that are back-ordered and cannot be received by the customer early enough to include the serial number and postmark the application by May 31, 2010 will not be eligible for the Cash-Back Reward.
Application deadlines for solar hot-water systems
· Application forms must be received by April 30, 2010 for pre-approval.
Application deadlines for water heaters and heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment
· Installation must be completed by May 15, 2010.
· Application forms must be received by June 15, 2010.