From a news release issued by Focus on Energy:
Focus on Energy provides $400,000 to boost energy saving efforts
(September 15, 2009)—A company-wide commitment to environmental stewardship from the shop floor to top management has led Phillips Plastics Corporation®, with facilities in Phillips, Eau Claire, Hudson, New Richmond, Medford, Menomonie and Prescott, Wis., to save more than $750,000 on its energy bills each year. This will not only help the manufacturer save money, but protect the environment and keep jobs in Wisconsin.
Phillips Plastic Corporation received $400,000 in financial incentives from Focus on Energy, Wisconsin’s statewide resource for energy efficiency and renewable energy, to complete energy saving projects that will save more than 8.5 million kilowatt-hours of electricity and 78,000 therms of natural gas annually—enough energy to power 940 Wisconsin homes for a year.
Since 2002, Phillips Plastics has completed energy assessments at all 15 of its buildings to find cost-effective ways to save energy including traditional applications, innovative technologies, energy management plans and high-performance equipment upgrades. Major projects include:
· Numerous plant-wide lighting upgrades, including advanced controls where appropriate
· Adding variable speed drives on heating, cooling and ventilation equipment at multiple sites
· Installing energy efficient compressed air equipment
· Upgrading ventilation equipment in multiple sites
· Installing cutting edge chilled water technology at two sites
· Completing numerous feasibility studies to determine which projects to pursue