Call for nominations to RENEW Wisconsin board of directors
RENEW Wisconsin invites you to put yourself or another current RENEW member on the ballot for elections to a three-year term on the board of directors.
Your participation would help shape policies and programs to help lead and represent businesses, organizations, and individuals who seek more clean, renewable energy in Wisconsin.
As a board member, you can have fun and contribute to moving RENEW closer to achieving these solar, wind, and bio-energy goals in 2012:
• Organize stakeholders to articulate public policy messages on clean energy;
• Increase funding for renewable energy in the Focus on Energy program;
• Take the lead on wind permitting issues in Wisconsin;
• Advance third-party ownership of clean renewable energy systems;
• Overhaul and promote consistent net energy billing policies statewide;
• Revive utility commitments to expand renewable energy; • Promote attractive renewable energy buyback policies;
• Defend and repair Wisconsin’s 10% Renewable Energy Standard.
The board meets four times each year. Board members are expected to be actively engaged and to volunteer for at least one standing committee.
There are four board seats that will become available in July. Here’s the schedule for the elections:
• May 25 Deadlines for nominations
• June 5 Deadline for submitting a short statement (50-100 words) to appear on the ballot describing yourself and your interest in serving on the RENEW board
• June 11 Elections open • June 22 Elections close
• June 26 Candidates notified